Monday, September 8, 2014

Bump Day ~ 27 Weeks



How far along? 27 weeks, baby is the size of a rutabaga!  Which honestly doesn't mean a thing to me.  What the heck is a rutabaga?

Weight gain/loss: I find out for sure on Tuesday. I'm tempted to get on the scale backwards.

Maternity Clothes?  Same ole, same ole.

Sleep: Had a few killer bouts of heartburn this week that kept me up.  Let's hope the old wives tale is true and this means baby girl is sprouting a head full of hair in there!

Stretch marks: Nothing new.  Belly button is getting flatter.

Best moment this week: Going to a HUGE sunflower field just outside of town.  For years I've wondered why I live in Kansas, the sunflower state, and never see any!  So when I discovered this field so close to home I was dying to go.  It was worth the wait.  I was in Sunflower heaven!

Movement: She moves so much during the day when I'm at work!  So different than her brother who didn't wake up until I got home.

Food cravings: Besides my wicked sweet tooth?  I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner twice this week.

Gender: Sugar and spice!

Labor Signs: Twice over the weekend I got some killer cramps when walking, think it was mainly due to not drinking enough water.

What I Miss:  Being able to climb to the top of a football stadium without feeling like I'm going to die.

What I'm looking forward to:  Third tri next week!

Weekly Wisdom: If you already have heartburn, eating Mexican is probably not going to help.

Milestones: Bought a few things that weren't clothes. Shocking I know.  Some sheets and a few new girly diapers.  I also registered at Target for the free swag and registry discount.  We aren't having any showers or sprinkles or whatever people call them for second babies, but it's nice having one compiled list of what we need.  Also made it feel real.  We're going to have an actual little baby in this house again!

Big Brother:  He's been SUPER clingy to me lately.  I mean, he's always been a mama's boy, but lately it's been epic.  I think he's starting to sense the big changes ahead.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Ouch. I learned the hard way with heartburn after eating jalepeno poppers at one of our local Mexican places. Hope it gets better for you!